Welcome To Emmanuel Sam-Uko's Blog - For Advert placement and Enquiry :Email:esamuko@gmail.com, info@naijapaymentsonline.com!">

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Jodie Marsh on her new 'Superwoman' figure:'Every single person is jealous of my body'

Not a bid for attention: Jodie Marsh insists that her bodybuilding transformation is something she has worked on for years
Not a bid for attention: Jodie Marsh insists that her bodybuilding transformation is something she has worked on for years
She was the success no-one saw coming at the Natural Bodybuilding Championships last month.
And ex-glamour model Jodie Marsh still hasn't tired of showing off her ripped new body at every available opportunity.
Now in a candid new interview, the 32-year-old reveals what drove her to make such a drastic change, and why she believes that her new figure is the envy of all who see it.

Talking to Heat magazine, Jodie explains that she has been training as a body builder with her coach Tim for three years.
She insists that it wasn't a bid for attention or fame, stressing: 'No, this is where people get me so wrong.  When I was at school I wanted to be a vet or a lawyer, I didn’t want to be famous.'


'I got bullied at school for being ugly and  that is why I wanted to be a model because  I thought I could prove to the bullies and to myself that I wasn’t ugly. It is not attention seeking.'
Still feminine? The 32-year-old thinks she is the prettiest she has ever looked
Still feminine? The 32-year-old thinks she is the prettiest she has ever looked
The new direction her career has taken has clearly given her a huge confidence boost.
'I feel proud when I look in the mirror. I still can’t believe it’s my body. Like, when I look at my abs, I’m just like, f****** hell, I love it so much! I’m the prettiest I’ve ever looked,' Jodie enthuses.
Naturally aware that the muscular look isn't to everyone's taste, Jodie continues: 'If you’re not in the bodybuilding world it is scary, but to me it’s normal. I think I still look really feminine.'
Barely recognisable: Jodie's figure couldn't have been more different in her modelling days (pictures right in 2003) from the oiled-up look she sported last month
Barely recognisable: Jodie's figure couldn't have been more different in her modelling days (pictures right in 2003) from the oiled-up look she sported last month
Barely recognisable: Jodie's figure couldn't have been more different in her modelling days (right in 2003) from the oiled-up look she sported last month
Jodie explains that she achieved her astonishing physique thanks to a high protein diet during training.
To prepare for a competition, she cuts out carbohydrates until the Thursday before the big day. From that point on she eats nothing but carbohydrate to bulk up her muscles.

The day before a competition, she dehydrates herself, having a glass of wine before bed so that when she wakes up she's as pumped as possible - with as many visible veins as she can muster.
'It has totally changed my life, doing this. My self-esteem is higher, my confidence is higher, I feel more secure, feel powerful – I almost feel invincible,' Jodie gushes.
'I do feel a bit like Superwoman' she adds. 'Now every single person around me is jealous of my body.'
The ex-model also describes how she had suffered bullying at school about her nose, and was called 'Michael Jackson' by other children who teased her about how 'big and gross' it looked.
Though she had surgery at 15, Jodie confesses that she probably still bears the scars of those early taunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment